Chase’s BBQ chicken sandwiches.
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, your choice
- 1 minced chipotle chile in adobo OR 1 tsp ch jalapeño OR cayenne to taste
- about 1/4 cup water
- 4 deli rolls, cut in half
- jack or cheddar cheese
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towel
- Retain 1 T. Bacon grease
- Pat chicken dry, cut into 1-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned on one side. Flip chicken and finish cooking a couple of minutes.
- Add BBQ sauce, chipotle (or substitute) and water.
- Heat oven to 400
- Cover chicken, reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened. Check taste of sauce to see if additional heat is needed. If so, add sprinkle of cayenne.
- Arrange rolls on baking sheet, cut side up. Divide chicken among bottom halves of rolls. Top with cheese.
- Baken open-faced sandwiches until golden brown, or cheese melts. Top with toasted top.