- 6 cups potatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth OR 2 cups water with 2 chicken boullion cubes
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick butter
- 4 T flour
- 2 – 3 cups milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese, melted
- sprinkle of turmeric for color
- Boil potatoes, celery, onion in broth or water with bou cubes until tender
- Melt butter; add flour until smooth. Add to cooked potato mixture.
- Add cream cheese. Stir a bit, letting it start to melt. Add milk. I usually use 3 cups, since the soup will thicken after using a blender.
- I like to add just a sprinkle of turmeric; not even 1/4 tsp. Just a sprinkle, for color. Too much would affect the taste, but this is just right. And it’s good for you. So.
- Cook on LOW for about 5-10 minutes or until hot. Stir frequently to keep from sticking to pan. Unless you want Roasted Potato Soup. 🙂
- If you like your soup chunky, remove about half. Using a hand-held blender or mixer, blend, then add back the chunky half. Since Jim likes his smooth, I just hit it all with an immersion blender for less than a minute.
- Can be topped with bacon bits, chives, etc. I also make quick cornbread to complete the totally decadent carb fest.
NOTE TO BRIDGETT. Don’t cut yourself when you peel the potatoes…