- Self-rising corn meal
- Self-rising flour
The following is for my little corn stick pan. I used to make more, but we just ate it. This way, we eat less. Control the food. Sorry Gwen
- 3 T self-rising meal
- 1 1/2 T self-rising flour
- 1/2 tsp. sugar, optional (for browning only; this isn’t cake)
- 2 T butter, oil, shortening, or combination of butter/shortening
plus oil and butter for pan
- Heat oven to 450. Prepare pan by putting in a little oil and just a smidgen of butter for taste. Pop in oven to melt while you mix the batter.
- Mix meal, flour and sugar. Cut or stir in butter. Add enough buttermilk to moisten, not thin. Then add just a bit of water to thin a bit.
- Pour into cornbread stick pan, which you took out of the oven before the butter started burning.
- Bake at 450 for about 10, 11, 12 minutes or until light golden on top.
- Since my pan makes 7, I eat one, then divide the rest evenly between Papaw, Me and Nat. Or give Papaw 3 and pretend I’m a martyr.